- Check the cistern, volume, free water at the bottom by detecting paste, completely drain the discharge pipes from the tank and verify the absence of water.
- Verify and control that the product you are going to receive and the tank in which it will be stored do not contain a visible and separate water phase (water), have special controls in place in order to avoid contamination of the product with water or other material that comes from the environment that surrounds its facilities (water).
- Before depositing the product in the storage tank, check the discharge safety area according to the regulations in place, check the cistern, volume, free water in the bottom by detecting paste, completely drain the discharge pipes of the tank and verify the absence of water. Always keep the "manholes" of the tank closed and make sure that the vents in the tank and the storage tank work. Measure the storage tank before and after the discharge of the tank to verify the purchase volume. The register box where the storage tank filling mouth is should be free of water and sediment (dirt), if not, proceed to its cleaning before the discharge of the tank.
- The coupling to the cistern and to the mouth of the storage tank must be completely hermetic. It is recommended that the couplings of the cistern, discharge hoses and mouth of the storage tank be of the dry type, in addition to guaranteeing the hermeticity and the impossibility of water entering it under rainy condition, as they give greater security of undue product manipulations.
- If during the loading process there is rain, the discharge points of the tank and the storage tank should be covered with tarpaulins or umbrellas, in such a way that the entry of water is avoided. The tank tank "manholes" should always be closed during unloading and open vents.
- Every morning, preferably between 5 and 6 a.m., verify that the storage tank is free of water in the bottom, by the methods of water-detecting paste. If you find water, remove it by means of a hand pump.
- It is suggested to make product receipt inspections, establishing procedure and verification material such as water detection paste (compatible with ethanol) in the gasoline / alcohol fuel mixture (gasohol).
- Perform daily monitoring of the presence of water.
- Implement protocol of revision of tanks (revision of mouth of entrance to the tank to ensure hermeticity and work to guarantee the estanqueidad of boxes of inspection), pipes and change of filters.