Diesel B5 is a fuel made up of a mixture of Diesel Nº 2 and 5% by volume of biodiesel (B100).
Diesel Nº 2: Fuel derived from hydrocarbons obtained from refinement processes.
Biodiesel (B100): Diesel fuel derived from renewable resources that can be obtained from vegetable oils or animal fats. Has almost no sulphur.
PETROPERÚ’s Diesel B5, which has the commercial denomination Biodiesel B5 PETROPERÚ, meets the technical specifications of the current Peruvian Technical Standard and is in accordance with the main tests of the International Standards ASTM, D975 and SAE J313.
- Its high cetane index ensures an excellent ignition quality, fast start-up and less engine noise.
- The lower sulphur content ensures an effective protection against wear.
- Excellent lubricity and reduction of contaminant emissions (by increasing the percentage of biodiesel from 2% to 5%).
- High calorific power guarantees an efficient combustion.
- Contains a package of last-generation additives that grants it the following advantages:
- Cleans the injectors for an optimum pulverization and therefore improves the combustion.
- Protects the fuel injection pump.
- Protects against corrosion.
- Separates the water in an optimum manner, as it contains a demulsifier.
- Improves performance.
- Reduces the expenses of maintenance.
- Extends the life time of the engine.
- Controls the foam during fueling, which offers better comfort and filling speed.
- Protects the environment, as it reduces the emission of Contaminating Gases and Unburnt Hydrocarbons.
- In diesel engines of land transportation vehicles (automobiles, trucks, buses and others).
- In Electric Generation Plants.
- In equipment for the industry in general (mining, fishing, construction, agricultural sector, among others).
- In Peru, Diesel B5 is sold in the departments of Loreto and Ucayali.